9.08.2005

I'm fun, but crappy!

As Jim pointed out in his comments on my blog about Vaughan Mills, I did leave out some detail.

I drove all the way up there to look for this:

Lip Talkers

That bizarre thing is a speakerphone. Well, it makes any phone into a speakerphone. Its chrome lips move synchronized to the voice of the person you're talking to. We were recently at another mall and discovered this discontinued product for sale for a whopping $4.88. Jim, asking "is that seriously $4.88?!" ended up purchasing the last one in the store. Later on, we hooked it up to a set of headphones and an iPod and it lip synched an amazing (and possibly funniest ever) rendition of Hot in Herre.

Anyway, after seeing that I decided that for $4.88, it was worth seeking out more of these things. Struck out at one mall, but it was suggested that I try Vaughan Mills. The store up there had 2 of them, so now I have 2 of them.

BTW: There is a funny write-up of the lip talkers at Gizmodo.

Hot in Herre by Nelly

3 Comments:

  • Ya, but your blog sure ain't crappy. Enjoyed the music (sweet sweet cheeze), comentary(gas stuff etc., hey I have two exaust tips, both sides and pay 139.9 for super, how stupid am I) and various images. My current vavorite vlog is RocketBoom...know it? See http://www.rocketboom.com/vlog/archives/2005/09/rb_05_sep_02.html
    Thanks for arranging the "other" simple phone, I'll settle up with "U" when we next meet...and no I am not buing the sofa!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2005 12:07 PM   Edit Comment

  • Gotta see that thing in action. It's funny to look at just in the picture -- It must be hysterical in person.

    Have a good day! (I'm not buying the sofa either!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/09/2005 9:34 AM   Edit Comment

  • Now THAT'S what I call a blog entry. Having attended the Lips inauguration ceremony, I can vouch for the fact they sing a mean version of “Hot in Here”. It’s almost like they were designed for expressly that purpose. It's Lipsquisite.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2005 12:39 PM   Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Brendan Lynch