8.02.2005

Top Gear

I think Top Gear is my favourite TV show.

It's a BBC programme, rebroadcast on BBC World here in Toronto. Unfortunately, the BBC World "port" is cut down from an hour long show to 30 minutes, and a lot of segments are trimmed or cut out altogether. So, I looked around online and found that there is a fairly large number of people hosting torrents of these shows. Un-cut.

I downloaded Episode 2 of Season 6 over the last few days. It was a 351MB file, it used approx 1.5GB of data transfer. That seems a tad excessive, but how else can I see these complete shows?

The best part of this episode was the challenge between the three hosts to find a coupe for £1500 or less. They ended up with an ancient BMW 635 and Jag XJS, and a not-so-ancient but generally unheard of Mitsubishi Starion. They put them through a series of tests, which didn't result in a clear winner, but suffice it to say that all 3 cars were pretty well destroyed by the end. A great episode.

Further to podcasting, I've been enjoying the CBCRadio3 Podcast. I'm including it as the song of the day.

CBCRadio3 Podcast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Brendan Lynch