9.06.2005

Baby Got Back

Took a drive up to the new(ish) Vaughan Mills shopping centre north of Toronto this past weekend. That is one big mall. One lap of the place (without entering stores) takes about an hour.

While I was there, I thought I would do a little bit of clothes shopping. Something I generally loathe doing, but Labour Day sales were on... so what the hell. I bought some cargo pants and a couple of t-shirts at Old Navy without incident. The stuff is cheap and cheaply made there, and is a known brand in my wardrobe now - so I can just grab something and know it will fit. On my way out of the mall, I stopped in at H&M. I really like the clothes they sell, and have bought a corduroy jacket there in the past. Never considered pants... and good thing too. I found a pair of cords in my size (and only $29) and decided to try them on. I couldn't get them over my ass! Now, granted I've gained weight in the last year, but I am still a 33x34 pant size. The pants did have a slim cut, but I've never encountered this before. I'm very disappointed. I suppose I will have to regain my waiflike / near hospitalization figure to wear H&M trousers.

You knew I was going to include this as song of the day...

Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot


PS - anyone notice this song is being used (with revised lyrics - "I like backpacks and I cannot lie") for a Target back to school ad? Strange.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Brendan Lynch