1.17.2006

And lo, the cellphone, it was return-ed

Yep, the promised bluetooth features of the V710 were confirmed by Telus to be non-operational. I even tried buying that infamous $80 cable -- and communication using that was blocked by the Telus firmware too. Nice work guys.

I returned the phone, had the 3-year contract killed, and got most of my money back. A $25 "transfer" charge was not reversed, but I will be following up with corporate on that one.

So, I'm back to my ancient LG TM520 handset. There isn't a single other Telus phone I would consider. They all seem cheap and plasticy and the feature set is messed with by Telus, just to make a quick per minute / per message buck. Blech.

So - does anyone out there have a cellphone they honestly like? I'm considering jumping ship to Rogers for the RAZR V3. I've seen mixed reviews though... and does anyone know if the bluetooth actually works on that phone?

Hung Up by Madonna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Brendan Lynch