12.05.2005

In Vancouver, and nano nonsense

Uneventful flight on WestJet. Watched some fine afternoon television on the seatback monitors. I had one heck of a time getting my ears to pop on the descent though. I was quite worried for a while there.

Cheers

PS - OK, so it looks like my BLog post about my nearly bricked nano is coming up when people are researching the topic of putting Linux on their nano. My recommendation: don't. The nano is currently unsupported and it appears that it is a very lucky happenstance to get out of a command: podzilla lock up. Here is what I did (note that I was using a mac), hopefully this will work for others if your nano ain't doing nothing but displaying blue text:

- reset your nano (hold down menu and the middle "select" button). Did you get back into apple land? If yes, restore your iPod and read no further.

Otherwise...

- reset your nano and boot into firmware. To do this, hold down menu and the middle "select" button. When you see the apple symbol, hold down left (reverse) and the middle select button.
- plug your ipod into your computer
- reboot your iPod, either from the firmware or by holding menu and select again

Hopefully, your computer will pick up the iPod before Linux tries to start again. Restore from the iPod updater... and don't try this again until the software has been updated to officially support the nano. Thou hast been warn-ed.

Theme de Yoyo by The Cinematic Orchestra

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2005 Brendan Lynch